1.25 Gbps Fiber Optic Receiver Family
The ARX 30127 is a complete monolithically integrated fiber optical receiver family offering an integrated photodiode with a diameter of 300µm. It is available for three different wavelengths ranges, covering the most popular light sources. It is realized in silicon technology optimized for low cost fiber communication applications with polymer-clad silica (PCS) and plastic optical fibers (POF).
The receiver features a data rate of 1.25Gbps at optional wavelengths of 850nm, 785nm and 660nm with a wide optical input power range at a single supply voltage of 3.3V. Together with the high responsivity of the photodiode and the high gain of the limiting amplifier chain, additional external post amplifiers can be omitted. The fully differential outputs deliver LVDS compatible signals.
The receiver offers a standby mode to reduce the electrical power down to typically 17µW. This mode can be activated by an external logic signal at the Power Save input. The ARX 30127 provides a monitor current output which represents the average photodiode current. This output is also active in standby mode to allow external monitoring circuits to track the average optical power.
The ARX 30127-xx offers the following features:
• Data Rate up to 1.25 Gbps
• Integrated Photodiode with Large Diameter
• Available Optimized for Wavelengths of 850nm,785nm and 660nm
• Typ. Overload of 0dBm
• Single Supply Voltage 2.97V to 3.6V
• DC-Light Cancellation
• Standby Function (Typ. PSTBY=17µW)
• Optical Power Monitoring Function
• Optical Power Monitoring in Standby Mode
• Fully Differential LVDS Compatible Outputs
• Zero External Component Count
• Small Die Size, fits into TO-Header
• TO-Case Friendly Pad Layout
• Low Power Consumption of 100mW